Air India is the flag-bearer airline of India, that is headquartered in New Delhi. It is owned by Talace Private Limited, after Air India Limited’s former owner, the Government of India sold it to Tata. Air India operates Airbus and Boeing planes serving 102 home and global destinations. The Hub of the airline is at Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi, alongside various focal point cities across India. Air India is the biggest worldwide service provider in India with an 18.6% market share. Over 60 global locations are served by Air India on 4 continents. On 11 July 2014, the airline grew to be the twenty-seventh member of Star Alliance.
In February 2022, two weeks after its privatization, Air India signed an interline pact with AirAsia India, a lot less expensive airline owned by Tata Group, for domestic flights.
Air India is having its codeshare agreement with the following airlines:
Air Astana, Air Austral, Air Canada, Air India Express (Subsidiary), Air Seychelles, Avianca, Croatia Airlines, EgyptAir, Ethiopian Airlines
EVA Air, Swiss International Air Lines, TAP Air Portugal, Thai Airways International, & Turkish Airlines, etc.
The current fleet size of Air India is 111.
Air India serves food on all worldwide flights and on home flights with a flight length of over ninety minutes.
In-flight entertainment and frequent flier program
Air India aircraft are geared up with the in-flight leisure machine Thales i3000. Passengers have preferences from 5 channels airing Hindi and English content. Air India’s Boeing 777, 747, and 787 planes are additionally geared up with non-public on-demand in-flight leisure structures on which passengers can select from handy content. Showtime is the respectable leisure information posted with the aid of Air India. Shubh Yatra (meaning Happy Journey) is a bilingual in-flight journal posted in English and Hindi by way of Air India.
Air India’s frequent flier program is known as Flying Returns.
The Maharaja Lounge
The Maharaja Lounge (English: Emperor’s Lounge) is handy for the use of First and Business passengers. Air India shares lounges with different airways at worldwide airports that do not have a Maharaja Lounge.
Classes and Cabins
- The first-class cabin will have plush carpet as you enter, accompanied by eye-attractive ethnic interiors.
- The first classification cabin is very spacious, as it seats solely 12 passengers.
- The newly mounted plush and comfortable seats are a hundred and eighty diploma recliner seats that enable you to lay your legs with no trouble and snuggle into the comforts of soft, spacious, and greater seats.
- As there are solely two seats in one precise row, you will usually locate a window or an aisle seat, as a consequence keeping off the pain of sitting on the center seat.
- It is a class simply beneath the first class, and passengers flying in this class revel in greater or much less equal advantages. The principal offerings provided in Air India’s Executive Class are as:
- Space/Comfort Level: Additional area regularly approves the passengers to stroll freely in the aisle, sit down in the seats comfortably, stretch their legs in the spacious leg room, and experience the most alleviation level.
- Drinks: While touring in first class, you are welcomed with a glass of effervescent champagne, whereas in govt class, you are welcomed with a glass of wine.
- Service: The crew individuals assigned for the provider of this cabin category are extra experienced, hospitable, and certified than those assigned for the economic system class.
- The economic class of Air India is additionally very comfortable, as the seats are fantastically spacious when in contrast to the economic category seats in different airlines.
- Besides this, the passengers get complimentary refreshments and food on all Air India-operated flights.
- Even economy class passengers have a desire of choosing their meals.
- They have an alternative to select from Indian and Continental cuisine as well.
- Air India presents unique sorts of meal units as well, like spiritual meals, dietary meals, foods appropriate for toddlers and children, etc.
Air India Cancellation Policy
The Air India flight cancellation coverage permits you to cancel your ticket and declare a full refund under the following conditions.
- You can cancel any Air India flight within 24 hours of buying your ticket and obtain a full refund if your flight’s departure is at least 7 days later than the time of booking.
- If Air India cancels your flight, you have the right to both choose the choice of flight supplied to you or ask for a full refund.
- If your Air India flight inside India is delayed by using 6 hours or more, you have the choice to ask for a full refund or take the choice flight provided to you.
- If your Air India flight is delayed and the prolonged reasons allow you to pass over a connecting flight on the same booking, you can both choose the choice of connecting flight supplied to you or ask for a full refund.
- If you are denied boarding due to overbooking, Air India should provide you with a choice flight that departs within 1 hour of the authentic flight on which you have been denied boarding. If Air India is unable to do so, you are within your rights to ask for a full refund plus compensation of up to INR 20,000 if you no longer choose the choice flight provided to you.
We offer flight ticket booking, cheap deals on Air India flights, hotel booking, car rentals, and much more. You can always connect us for any kind of need related to flight booking or cancellations.